Busy & growing orthopedic surgery office seeking experienced manager to lead two offices in Brooklyn. Candidate must possess excellent people skills, be a fast-thinker and be an innate problem-solver. Our offices are family oriented/friendly and we are looking for a candidate who will thrive in this environment.
The office manager is responsible for the non-clinical aspects of the day-to-day operations in order to provide quality, cost effective patient care.
Their main duties include managing patient records, handling payrolls, billings and office budgets and hiring and training administrative personnel.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop, implement and maintain office policies and procedures
· Possess excellent written and communication skills; strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Supervision of patient scheduling, registration, financial counseling, medical records, billing and collection, data entry and processing, and cash posting
· Ensure patient satisfaction, including troubleshooting when there is a complaint and developing process improvements to prevent recurrences
· Knowledge and utilization of EMR, medical coding and billing relevant to practice
· Ensure staffing is appropriate for day-to-day operations
· Interview, hire and train a productive medical office team and conducts performance reviews
· Submit payroll reports
· Keep budget in check
· Ensure regulatory compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, labor laws, and other federal, state, and local regulations
· Knowledge of health insurance policies and guidelines including copays, coinsurances, referrals, verification of insurances
· Oversee billing and collections portion of office
· Manage inventory and equipment (medical and office)
· Work effectively with vendors
· Coordinate staff meetings for administrative and clinical staff
· Supervise cleaning staff and coordinate maintenance activities when needed
· Knowledge of business and accounting processes usually obtained from an Associates or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Health Care Administration.
· Minimum of 5 to 7 years in a medical office setting
· 2+ years in a supervisory or management position
Busy, growing Orthopedic and Sports Medicine practice looking to hire an all-star administrative professional. Position will primarily be based in our Staten Island office and have responsibilities in several departments including call center (patient scheduling & outreach), insurance verifications, medical records (legal cases, provider notes) and occasionally front desk/reception.
We are looking for someone upbeat, well-mannered, and personable with the right character and attitude. This position requires organization and multi-tasking abilities. Candidates should thrive in a busy, high-volume environment. Healthcare experience is preferred including insurance verification and authorizations.
Some experience managing social media for a small business preferred.
Looking to hire as soon as possible.
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
The Bookkeeper will support the success of growing orthopedic practice where you will be responsible for maintaining the company's financial records.
You will perform daily accounting tasks such general ledger entries, processing collections & payables and account reconciliations.
The role will report to the Operations Manager and interact with office colleagues, physicians and vendors.
This is a part-time position working 15-20 hrs per week, days are flexible
Pay is $20/hr
· Perform collection functions for the clinic including working with insurance companies and patients
· Record invoices received from various vendors
· Reconcile reports to third-party records such as bank statements
· Identify and resolve problems and inaccuracies in date entries
· Process patient credit card payments & other transactions
· Handle incoming and outgoing email and physical mail
· Respond to patient billing inquiries
· Maintain positive relationships with physicians, employees, and patients
· Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
· Availability to go to bank and different offices throughout Brooklyn may be required
· Medical bookkeeping experience of at least 3 years along with a familiarity of basic medical terminology
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Efficient with QuickBooks
· Experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks
· Work independently
· Computer skills and typing accuracy (Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word)
· Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communications skill
Busy Orthopedic office looking to hire an additional medical assistant/medical scribe. We are looking for someone upbeat, happy, personable and professional with the right character and attitude. Our office is family oriented/friendly and we are looking for a candidate who will thrive in this environment. Medical Assistant experience is preferred.
Candidate must be willing to travel between offices in Brooklyn and Staten Island.
Russian or Spanish speaking strongly preferred.
Pay is $17/hr